The data controller is Societe BIC, having its registered office 14 rue Jeanne d’Asnières – 92611 Clichy Cedex - France.
1. Privacy Statement
- BIC is committed to protecting your online privacy when visiting our website. The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the types of information we gather about you and how we use that information, and the choices you have regarding our use of the information.
2. Use of Personal Information Which We Collect
- This Site complies with the French Privacy Laws and conforms to European Directive 95/46/EC on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. Upon request, you are granted access to your personal information and may also request it be amended, corrected or deleted. Upon request, you are also entitled to object to the processing of your personal data and to be informed about the use of your personal data.
Any such request should be directed to:
Service Communication, Société BIC
14, rue Jeanne d'Asnières, 92611 Clichy Cedex – France
- We may ask you to provide us with personal information including your name, first name, picture, age, gender, e-mail address and mailing address, as well as the ones of your child, so that we may create a personalized account, contact you to respond to your comments, questions or requests for information and to allow you to participate to any sweepstakes or games organized on the site.
- If you refuse to provide this information, you could not be provided with some of the website services. Aside from a reply to your e-mail, it is not our intent to e-mail you unless you request information or unless you agreed to receive our newsletter.
3. Use and Collection of Non-Personal Information; Third Party Platforms
Our website integrates with third party sites, including Google for analytic functions and Facebook to provide a “like” and “share” function. We can collect non-personal technical information using cookies and other technologies on our own behalf and through the use of third-party platforms, such as those named in this paragraph. Technical information may include your IP address, browsing path, operating system, and other non-personal information. When you interact with the third party platforms, such as using the Facebook “like” or “share” feature, that platform may record your interaction with the Site. The third-party platforms have their own privacy policies, which govern the use of any personal or non-personal information they collect.
4. Links to or From Other Websites
This Website may contain links to other Web sites. BIC has no control over and assumes no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of these Websites. You should review the privacy policies of each Website you visit.
5. Disclosure to Third Parties
- We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are third party service providers to host this application, administer contests or to fulfill requests for services. We may disclose some or all of the personal information we collect, as described above, to nonaffiliated third parties that perform the uses and services described in this policy on our behalf or assist us in providing the uses or services.
- Service providers maintain the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes unless they obtain your permission. When we provide personal information to such third parties, we require that they have appropriate safeguards for the protection of that personal information in compliance with this policy and the applicable law.
6. Collection and Use of Personal Information from Minors
Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website, we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors without their legal representative consent. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor who has provided us with personal information, you may contact us using the contact information below for the purpose of deleting this information.
7. Collection and Use of Personal Information from Minors
We do not track your activity on any other website, but ours. We do not participate in activities commonly known as behavioral advertising and we, by default, do not track your activity on any other site. Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, and our website is not currently set up to respond to those signals for tracking on our website.